Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bob Dylan Sings In "China"

The self-righteous (self-rightie) journalists are in mob mode because Bob Dylan "sold out" by singing songs in China, following Chinese government censorship that would not let him play certain of his songs.

Those journalist self-righties here in "China" are like those righties in China, they do not understand Dylan's lyrics.

As I understand it, Bob was allowed to sing at least “Hard Rain", “Desolation Row”, “All Along the Watchtower”, as well as the most popular rock song of all time so far, "Like A Rolling Stone".

I suppose the self-rightie journalists here in "China" think those young folk who buy Bob Dylan's albums will only listen to the songs on those albums which the China censors allowed him to play?

They won't listen to any other songs they bought?

Here are some lyrics from the songs he sang there for those who have ears to hear what he was saying:
Oh, what’ll you do now, my blue-eyed son?
Oh, what’ll you do now, my darling young one?
I’m a-goin’ back out ’fore the rain starts a-fallin’

I’ll walk to the depths of the deepest black forest

Where the people are many and their hands are all empty

Where the pellets of poison are flooding their waters

Where the home in the valley meets the damp dirty prison
Where the executioner’s face is always well hidden
Where hunger is ugly, where souls are forgotten
Where black is the color, where none is the number
And I’ll tell it and think it and speak it and breathe it
And reflect it from the mountain so all souls can see it
Then I’ll stand on the ocean until I start sinkin’
But I’ll know my song well before I start singin’
And it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard, it’s a hard
It’s a hard rain’s a-gonna fall

(Hard Rain)


Now at midnight all the agents

And the superhuman crew

Come out and round up everyone
That knows more than they do

Then they bring them to the factory
Where the heart-attack machine

Is strapped across their shoulders

(Desolation Row)

All along the watchtower,
princes kept the view


While all the women came and went,
barefoot servants, too


Outside in the distance
a wildcat did growl


Two riders were approaching,
the wind began to howl


(All Along The Watchtower)

The self-righties won't get it no matter in which "China" he sings "I’ll know my song well before I start singin’" ...

He also sang the one about self-rightie exceptionalist journalists who live in empires but they don't know that the empire is going down (Like A Rolling Stone) or warn the people to try to change things for the better before it is too late.

I am glad it was a sell out
if you know what I mean
now Absolutely Sweet Marine ...

Evidently Dylan also sang Ballad of a Thin Man, which is a criticism of journalists who do not know what is going on.

The New Yorker be knowin' in the wind.

2 comments:

  1. There must be 50 ways to leave your lover Maureen Dowd.

    Tell the people about the exposure to danger the Sun brings to the nuclear table: Link

    That is, if you want to be an effective journalist.

    Dredd Blog has spoken of the grid exposure danger for years too: Link (follow the links in that post)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensibilities are to be respected in China. As it is most who had Dylan tickets were confused by his music, although they have been enjoying his CD's for years now. My guess is that gaining cooperation is the name of the game. Having control means exercizing control, ie the super parent. Just the same, I am glad Dylan played China. Wonder if he got to visit there at all?

    It's Peach Blossom Festival in China now.

    ReplyDelete