Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Databases Galore - 9


This graph I made shows monthly and "seasonal" temperatures for the Southern Hemisphere from 1880 to this year, 2014, so far.

There is not a lot of variation from the upward trend no matter whether you consider individual months or seasonal sections such as "DJF" (December, January, February),  "MAM" (March, April, May),  "JJA" (June, July, August), or "SON" (September, October, November).

If you want to graph it yourself, the data is here.
I can see the forest from my house.

The graph to the right is the same, only I added a red line so the trend is more clear.

The thing I wish we could all focus on is the forest.

Rather than a tree or two, so I put all these monthly, seasonal, and annual temperature tracking points together to specifically show the forest.

The red-line trend is the forest, the ups and downs are a tree or two that do not dispute nor disprove the clear trend.

The forest is on fire in most places and getting hotter everywhere else.

BTW, I switched to Java from C++ on the netCDF files because the Java libraries are better.

That slowed me down in the sense of the time taken to "rewrite" the previous C++ code.

The software under development, now, processes many files at once (hundreds if there are that many in the target directory).

I want to tie that in to a google-Earth type environment, like some of the other applications out there, and make it available for free via a download under the Open Software License thingy.

Anyway, Happy Trails to you!

The next post in this series is here, the previous post in this series is here.

A few minutes of Yardbirds ...


No comments:

Post a Comment